Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Plussize & Pattern : Yes We Can

Who Says We can't Do Patterns-Makeup & Styling by Naava L


  Spring is in the air BRIGHTS, FLORALS and OTHER PATTERNS are everywhere literally and to even my plus size self, the pattern trends/fashion use to be a nightmare.   Then I had a revelation I can wear pattern we all can, because it's not what you wear it's how you wear it.  For instance, that dress in the picture let's say I was in denial about my size and swore on God's green earth I was a medium instead of and extra large, and I have  to say it like this "I most defiantly would look like a busted can of biscuits".  Now with that being said, find your favorite patterns layer them play with them, but first please make sure you know what size clothing you wear there is no reason you are in your twenties and do not know this.  If you don't find a trusted sales person and the key word is TRUSTED and let her/him assist you. As a sales person helping people look fabulous surely  is my favorite part of the job.






 
 
 
 





 
 



Right now I'm loving the Print Trend in Fashion I don't know how long it will be around this strong ,but some things are always in style and will repeat it's self like history. To find more on trend prints visit Lane Bryant, Torrid or any Plus Size Fashion House I will be adding links later in the week on my favorite Plus Shopping Websites.

     Everyone that knows me knows that I am a makeup junky how else can you portray a beautiful_fascade. Anyways heads up, because there is a FASHION FAIR product or rather products that I actually recommend and love. Those that know me also know that I have a hate to love relationship with that line so this is big they have come out with a trio,  THE CAPUSLE COLLECTION, lips (lipstick &gloss), nails and blush that is reminiscent of the 70's, 80's, 90's  and 2000's in different shades of pink that are perfect for any and I do mean any skin tone and it actually stays on and looks beautiful.  If you ask me they need to keep Mr. Sam Fine around.  I really believe he had a hand in this.  The original Capsule Collection, was developed by Eunice W. Johnson and since FASHION FAIR is celebrating it's 40th Anniversary this year this is there homage the Person and the brand for women who Celebrate their life with a Touch of Luxury!




More Loves





Loving the Heat protector/straightener for my hair, the on trend glass shades, my natural hair straightened, I finally warmed up to the nail thing, my wink mineral shadows visit the site you can schedule parties and all and last, but not least my signature red lipstick- I'm loving the long wear of the Chanel Passion is the color.


So now that we know that is alright for the plus diva to wear the pattern print, because I am neurotic about it let's not forget foundation is still key...Support, support, shape wear, shape wear. Be who you want to be dress how you feel not how you think you have to, but most of all have fun with it make a day out of ....you only live once but since I'm not on that Y.O.L.O. mess I won't say it like that it's so much more it's about expressing and Living in the day the hour the moment...you only have one chance to live and be who you want to be so do it- darn it in a PATTERN PEICE and that's my WORD.....

No comments:

Post a Comment